National Bank of Middlebury Hinesburg Branch
The National Bank of Middlebury selected Bread Loaf to design and construct a new bank branch in Hinesburg, Vermont. The new 2,800 square foot branch includes a drive-up ATM and two drive-up teller lanes which are covered by a canopy. The exterior enhances the character of Commerce Park.
All external lighting fixtures limit off-site glare and illumination. The design addressed the safety of vehicular and pedestrian circulation by providing appropriate separation and sight lines, with sufficient room for turning radii of vehicles.
The new facility has a high-performance insulation system and energy-efficient features including a building envelope that will reduce energy loads, efficient heating and cooling systems and light fixtures. Control system devices and the sequence of operation are designed to ensure comfort for employees and customers, with maximum energy efficiency.
Green Building/Sustainable Design
- Development of site within preplanned commercial area in accordance with Town Plan
- Plantings and landscaping provided to reestablish wetlands and enhance stormwater management
- Energy efficient exterior lighting addresses security requirements while avoiding glare, light spillage off-site and sky-glow
- Building orientation helps maximize solar exposure
- Improved building insulation and air sealing
- Efficient heating and conditioned air systems
- Improved air quality through mechanical ventilation systems
- No-VOC paints and sealants
- Energy efficient lighting
- Water conserving plumbing fixtures